These key fobs are a direct replacement for your 2002-2005 Dodge Ram 1500 or 2003-2005 Dodge Ram 2500/3500 full-size trucks. The factory fobs leave a lot to be desired in aesthetics, but Boost Auto Parts offers these stylish key fobs with rugged chrome plating designed after the 2015+ GM Style key fobs.
REPLACES FACTORY KEY FOBS USING FCC ID GQ43VT17T
Fitment: These key fobs fit a wide range of vehicles including Cummins. See fitment below:
- 2015 GM Style Key Fob Retrofit
- Rugged Chrome Shell
- User-programmable in under 3 minutes (must have properly functioning original fob)
- 1-year Warranty
- Item Condition: New
- Free Ground Shipping (Lower 48 States)
Link to install video: COMING SOON
The year ranges are only provided as a guide, we always recommend checking the FCC ID on your original fob and comparing it to the ones we have listed.
You can find the FCC ID on the back of your original fob. If you don't have an original fob, please contact your local dealer and provide them with your VIN. They will provide you with the OEM part number and we will be able to provide you the correct key fob based on that part number.
• GQ43VT17T = 2002-2005 RAM 1500
• GQ43VT17T = 2003-2005 RAM 2500/3500
Yes, as long as you currently have at least one properly functioning fob.
If you don't have a key fob currently functioning you will need to have a professional program it with a scan tool. All dealerships and most locksmiths can do this.
If you aren’t sure if your truck came equipped with keyless entry, please contact your local dealer and provide them with your VIN. If your truck came with factory keyless entry they will provide you with the OEM part number and we will be able to provide you the correct key fob based on that part number.
Unfortunately, if your truck did not come factory with keyless entry you cannot add that feature with our fob.
If you do not have any functioning key fobs you will need to have the key fobs programmed with a scan tool.
If you have at least one functioning key fob you can follow the below procedure:
1. Close all of the doors.
2. Turn the ignition to the RUN position.
3. Press and hold the UNLOCK button on your key fob that was previously working for 4 seconds. Within 6 seconds with the UNLOCK button still depressed, press the PANIC button. When a single chime is heard, release both buttons. The chime indicates the system is in programming mode.
4. Press and release both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously on a fob to be programmed. A single chime will be heard, this indicates the fob has been recognized.
5. Within 4 seconds of hearing the chime, press and release the LOCK or UNLOCK button on the fob being programmed A single chime will be heard, this indicates the fob has been programmed.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for up to a total of 4 fobs.
7. Turn the ignition OFF.
8. Cycle the ignition.
The vehicle will remain in program mode for up to 60 seconds from when the original chime (step 3) was heard. After 60 seconds, all programmed transmitters will function normally.
Up to four (4) fobs can be programmed at once.
Keyless entry refers to the ability to enter the vehicle without the need to turn the physical key onto the vehicle’s door lock. Keyless entry allows users to enter the vehicle with the use of a key fob.
Vehicles that are equipped with this feature will be compatible to program our key fobs.
Yes, you can mix the old style with the new style.
Our fobs generally don't work with aftermarket remote start systems.
The only exception to this, is some systems utilize a triple click of the OEM fob to remote start the vehicle. If you have a system that uses the OEM fob to trigger the remote start (like the one previously mentioned), our fob will also work (you will just triple-click the same button sequence as OEM).
The fobs come with a battery pre-installed.
If you find yourself needing to replace the battery at a later point in time, you can reference this video: https://youtu.be/pYv2N_RYd_g
I love it better then oem one
Worth the money
The remote seems to be better than the typical 3rd gen ram remotes. The only real complaint is the range of the remote, its not great, and that the buttons are backwards, in my opinion. The lock button is the raised button and the unlock is the indented button but not a big deal.