IMPORTANT! If you’re a store owner, please make sure you have Customer accounts enabled in your Store Admin, as you have customer based locks set up with EasyLockdown app. Enable Customer Accounts
2014-2019 Tow Mirror Installation Instructions
Please reference the videos and information below for installing your Boost Auto Parts Tow Mirrors:
- Door Panel Removal & Power Fold Switch Video
- Reference this video for ALL mirrors to see how to remove the door panels and mount the mirrors. Also reference this video if you are retrofitting power fold mirrors onto a truck that didn't originally come with power fold mirrors.
- Modify Door Harness (Plug & Play) Video
- If you selected modify door harness (preferred method for 2015.5-2019 trucks) reference this video for wiring instructions (if you selected hardwire do NOT watch this video).
- If you have a 2014 or early 2015 truck then you will also need to install the RZY harness
- You do NOT need to remove the entire door harness. You can simply bring both connectors through the speaker hole and work with the connectors through the speaker hole
- Link to installation video (original mirrors WITHOUT signal): https://youtu.be/hDQBOxc9Aug
- Link to installation video (original mirrors WITH signal): https://youtu.be/cjb_LKi6Hlo
- RZY Harness Video (only required for 2014 & early 2015)
- Hardwire Video
- If you selected the hardwire option (preferred method for 2014 & early 2015) reference this video (if you selected modify door harness do NOT watch this video).
- If you purchased fuse taps be sure to install the original fuse that was in the truck into the lower slot on the fuse tap.
- Video 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSz5YZ3wI0o&t=18s
- Video 2: https://youtu.be/uKHg4GJC6dE
- Below are the locations for each wire (this is shown in the above video, but recapped for your convenience below)
- Blue Wire (Running Light): PRK LAMP LT Fuse (Underhood Fuse Box)
- You will not have a blue wire if you purchased signal only mirrors
- Both blue wires go to the one fuse
- White Wire (Cargo Light): Cargo Fuse (Passenger Side Interior Fuse Box)
- Both white wires go to the one fuse
- Red/Yel Wire (Signal): BCM Connectors
- You will only have these wires if your original mirrors did not have the signal on the glass
- Left Signal Wire Only: Brown Connector Pin 2 (Often Blu with White Stripe)
- Right Signal Wire Only: Black Connector Pin 3 (Often Green with a Purple Stripe)
- Black Wire (Ground): Attach this to any ground located inside the cab of the truck
- Do not ground this in the door panel, it is NOT a sufficient ground
- Dual Function Cargo/Reverse Video
- If you selected the option that you wanted your mirrors to work as cargo and reverse then reference the below video. Note that this is done LAST. First you need to modify your door harness or hardwire the mirrors, after that is done and the cargo/reverse module (1844CX) is installed, then the lights will work as cargo and reverse.
We have technical support available from Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM CST for customers who purchased their mirrors or harnesses from us.